1. The river, _____the bank are covered with trees, is very long.
A. whoseB. whichC. of whichD. which of
2. —Shall I sit at this end of the boat or the other end?
A. neitherB. eachC. eitherD. any
3. At that time, he spent as much time as he can_____the ancient status which would be sank in the river.
A. paintB. to paintC. paintingD. painted
4. ______ won't be long ______ National Day comes.
A. There…sinceB. This…agoC. It…beforeD. That…after
5. I wonder ______ you were doing last night.
A. it was what thatB. what was it thatC. that what it wasD. what it was that
6. The old man used to raise many ________ to make a living on the farm.
A. duckB. horseC. birdD. sheep
7. Take the exam carefully, _______ you won‟t get full marks.
A. butB. andC. orD. so
8. We didn‟t start our discussion __________ everybody arrived.
A. sinceB. ifC. whileD. until
9. You _________lose your way if you walk alone in the mountains at night.
A. mayB. needC. shouldD. ought to
10. Because of the ________of its ideas, the book was in wide circulation both at home and aboard.
A. originalityB. subjectivityC. generalityD. ambiguity
11.If a person talks about his weak points, his listener is expected to say something in the way of ______.
A. discouragementB. persuasionC. encouragementD. confirmation
12. Gettysburg was the ______ of the most important battle in the American civil war.
A. viewB. sceneC. sightD. landscape
13. The accused man was found not guilty and was ______.
A. excludedB. dischargedC. drivenD. dismissed
14.Scientists have found new uses for some ______ such as mercury and lead.
A. stuffB. mattersC. substancesD. materials
15 Picasso gained popularity in the mid-20th century, which was _______of a new attitude toward modern art.
A. informativeB. indicativeC. exclusiveD. expressive
16 The panda is an endangered species, which means that it is very likely to become _____without adequate protection.
A. intactB. insaneC. extinctD. Exempt
17 These were stubborn men, not easily____to change their mind.
A. titledB. convertedC. persuadedD. suppressed
18. A witness in a murder trial is ______ to know the facts in the case.
A. assumedB. resumedC. consumedD. assured
19 within ten year they have turned the _______hill into green woods.
A. vacantB. barrenC. weirdD. wasteful
20 This new laser printer is ______with all leading software.
A. comparableB. competitiveC. compatibleD. cooperative
21. As many as ten-million children______ with the virus by the end of the decade.
A. will infectB. have been infectedC. will have been infectedD. have infected
22.Newly-arrived guests must ____ at the hotel's reception desk.
A. registerB. exchangeC. exposeD. apply
23 There is a lot of smoke coming out if the building.Really? It ___be a fire,most probably.
A. canB. ought toC. have toD. must
24 Don't you believe me?_____, I'll believe ____you say?
A. No; WhateverB. Yes ; no matter whatC. No; No matter whatD. Yes; Whatever
25 Life in that poor town is ____ a bed of roses.
A. By farB. above allC. far fromD. all the same
26. That was not the first time he____us. I think it's high time we ____strong actions against him.
A betrayed; takeB had betrayed; tookC.has betrayed; tookD.has betrayed; take
27. Most of the artists _____to the party were from South Africa.
A. invitedB. to inviteC being invitedD. had been invited
28 How much shall I pay for the phone call?You____. This is free of charge.
A. Shouldn'tB. can'tC. needn'tD. mustn't
29. Even the disabled people can lead a _______life if they have courage.
A. regularB. normalC.usualD.ordinary
30 I can't ____what has happened to the vegetables, for they were freshly picked this morning.
A. draw outB. look outC. figure outD. work out
你共回答了 题，共答对 题